The unassuming building at the corner of North Arlington Place and Brady Street has a long history dating to the start of the Polish neighborhood that once thrived between Brady Street and the river. St. Hedwig was the center of the Polish neighborhood; aside from spiritual health, the parish was a center for social activity in the community. The congregation formed a small elementary school in 1872 and a small frame building was later moved to the church property along North Franklin. By 1879, the parish had outgrown the small frame schoolhouse and the decision was made to replace the building. Rather than demolish the schoolhouse, the parish offered it as a raffle prize to raise money for a new school building. Raffle winner, Mr. Francis Miszeski, sold the building to a Mr. Joseph Polczynskiwho moved the former schoolhouse to the northwest corner of Arlington and Brady at 1701 North Arlington Place, encased it in a brick veneer, and added an addition to the rear. Within its century plus lifespan, 1701 North Arlington has been adapted to various uses. Shortly after its move, the building operated with two storefronts on Arlington, previously Sobieski. For the last thirty plus years, the building has operated as a tavern and is currently Hi-Hat Lounge.